Single particle momentum and angular distributions in hadron-hadron collisions at ultrahigh energies
- Chou, T. T.
- Aug 1, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Chen, N. Y.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The forward-backward charged multiplicity distribution (P n sub F, n sub B) of events in the 540 GeV antiproton-proton collider has been extensively studied by the UA5 Collaboration. It was pointed out that the distribution with respect to n = n sub F + n sub B satisfies approximate KNO scaling and that with respect to Z = n sub F - n sub B is binomial. The geometrical model of hadron-hadron collision interprets the large multiplicity fluctuation as due to the widely different nature of collisions at different impact parameters b. For a single impact parameter b, the collision in the geometrical model should exhibit stochastic behavior. This separation of the stochastic and nonstochastic (KNO) aspects of multiparticle production processes gives conceptually a lucid and attractive picture of such collisions, leading to the concept of partition temperature T sub p and the single particle momentum spectrum to be discussed in detail.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 19850027547.
Accession ID: 85N35860.
19th Intern. Cosmic Ray Conf - Vol. 6; p 43-46; NASA-CP-2376-VOL-6.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16200972