- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An apparatus for measuring the rate of flow and the mass density of a liquid or slurry includes a special section of pipe instrumented with microwave and sonic sensors, and a computer that processes digitized readings taken by the sensors. The apparatus was conceived specifically for monitoring a flow of oil-well-drilling mud, but the basic principles of its design and operation are also applicable to monitoring flows of other liquids and slurries.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20110016849.
NASA Tech Briefs, June 2004; 7-8.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16202092