- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The safety and mission assurance (S&MA) performance metric is a method that provides a process through which the managers of a large, complex program can readily understand and assess the accepted risk, the problems, and the associated reliability of the program. Conceived for original use in helping to assure the safety and success of the International Space Station (ISS) program, the S&MA performance metric also can be applied to other large and complex programs and projects. The S&MA-performance-metric data products comprise one or more tables (possibly also one or more graphs) that succinctly display all of the information relevant (and no information that is irrelevant) to management decisions that must be made to assure the safety and success of a program or project, thereby facilitating such decisions.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20110015073.
NASA Tech Briefs, August 2005; 27.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16202583