Foam rigidized inflatable structural assemblies
- Schnell, Andrew R.
- June 15, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Tinker, Michael L.
- hdl.handle.net , Connect to this object online.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An inflatable and rigidizable structure for use as a habitat or a load bearing structure is disclosed. The structure consists of an outer wall and an inner wall defining a containment member and a bladder. The bladder is pressurized to erect the structure from an initially collapsed state. The containment member is subsequently injected with rigidizable fluid through an arrangement of injection ports. Exhaust gases from the curing rigidizable fluid are vented through an arrangement of exhaust ports. The rate of erection can be controlled by frictional engagement with a container or by using a tether. A method for fabricating a tubular structure is disclosed.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100027560.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16206550