nBn and pBp infrared detectors with graded barrier layer, graded absorption layer, or chirped strained layer super lattice absorption layer
- Gunapala, Sarath D.
- June 15, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Hill, Cory J., Bandara, Sumith V., and Ting, David Z.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available. and Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An nBn detector is described where for some embodiments the barrier layer has a concentration gradient, for some embodiments the absorption layer has a concentration gradient, and for some embodiments the absorption layer is a chirped strained layer super lattice. The use of a graded barrier or absorption layer, or the use of a chirped strained layer super lattice for the absorption layer, allows for design of the energy bands so that the valence band may be aligned across the device. Other embodiments are described and claimed.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100027555.
- No Copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16206555