The Wiley Blackwell handbook of individual differences / edited by Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Sophie von Stumm, and Adrian Furnham
- Wiley-Blackwell handbooks in personality and individual differences
- Part I. Individual differences : an up-to-date historical and methodological overview. Individual differences and differential psychology : a brief history and prospect / William Revelle, Joshua Wilt, and David M. Condon ; Methodological advances in differential psychology / William Revelle, David M. Condon, and Joshua Wilt -- Part II. Intelligence and personality: structure and development. Section 1: Personality. Personality development across the life span / Jaap J.A. Denissen, Marcel A.G. van Aken, and Brent W. Roberts ; Reinforcement sensitivity theory, research, applications, and future / Luke D. Smillie, Natalie J. Loxton, and Rachel E. Avery ; The general factor of personality : normal and abnormal / J. Philippe Rushton and Paul Irwing ; Five into one doesn't go : a critique of the general factor of personality / Eammon Ferguson, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Alan Pickering, and Alexander Weiss -- Section 2: Intelligence. The nature and structure of "intelligence" / Charlie L. Reeve and Silvia Bonacciio ; Re-visiting intellignece-personality associations : vindicating intellectual investment / Sophie von Stumm, Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, and Philip L. Ackerman ; Individual differences in cognitive aging / Elliot M. Tucker-Drob and Timothy A. Salthouse -- Part III. Biological causes of individual differences. Behavior genetics / Frank M. Spinath and Wendy Johnson ; Molecular genetic aspects of personality / Alexander Strobel and Burkhard Brocke ; Understanding human intelligence by imaging the brain / Roberto Colom and Paul M. Thompson ; Evolutionary psychology and individual differences / Satoshi Kanazawa -- Part IV. Individual differences and real-world outcomes. Section 1: Work. Individual differences at work / Deniz S. Ones and Chockalingam Viswesvaran ; Leadership / Robert Hogan and Ghufran Ahmad -- Section 2: Health, longevity, and death. Cognitive epidemiology : concepts, evidence and future directions / Catherine M. Calvin, G. David Batty and Ian J. Deary ; Personality and differences in health and longevity / Margaret L. Kern and Howard S. Friedman -- Section 3: Society. Personality and the laws of history / Robert Hogan and Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic ; Individual differences and antisocial behavior / Vincent Egan ; Intelligence and social inequality : why the biological link? / Linda S. Gottfredson -- Part V. Motivation and vocational interests. Goal-setting : a state theory, but related to traits / Gary P. Latham, Deshani B. Ganegoda, and Edwin A. Locke ; Personality and approaches to learning / Adrian Furnham ; Vocational interests : the road less traveled / Patrick Ian Armstrong, Rong Su, and James Rounds -- Part VI. Competence beyond IQ. Section 1: Special abilities. Exceptional talent and genius / Dean Keith Simonton ; Ability and trait emotional intelligence / K.V. Petrides ; Individual differences in creativity / James C. Kaufman -- Section 2: Relationships and subjective well-being. Personality and happiness : predicting the experience of subjective well-being / William Pavot and Ed Diener ; Self-esteem : enduring issues and controversies / M. Brent Donnellan, Kali H. Trzesniewski, and Richard W. Robins ; Love at first sight? Individual differences and the psychology of initial romantic attraction / Viren Swami ; Manifestations of individual differences in physical and virtual environments / Lindsay T. Graham, Carson J. Sandy, and Samuel D. Gosling.
- "The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Individual Differences provides a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of recent research, current perspectives, practical applications, and likely future developments in the field of individual differences. Bringing together the work of top researchers in the field from around the world, this essential reference work covers methodological, theoretical, and paradigm changes in the area of individual differences. Separate chapters cover core areas of individual differences including personality and intelligence, biological causes of individual differences, and creativity and emotional intelligence. The unparalleled scope of this work makes it a must-have resource for advanced psychology students, academics, and practitioners"--
- 9781119050308 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16213396