Gore Vidal : the United States of amnesia / produced and directed by Nicholas D. Wrathall
- Additional Titles:
- United States of amnesia
- Marina del Rey, CA : Amnesia, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (90 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Wrathall, Nicholas
- Language Note:
- In English.
- No twentieth-century figure has had a more profound effect on the worlds of literature, film, politics, historical debate, and the culture wars than Gore Vidal. A public intellectual of the first degree, Vidal voiced his political conscience throughout a 50 year career in American politics and letters. Now that he has passed away, it is the duty of the academic community to unravel his legacy, learning what we can from the experience of this intellectual giant. Anchored by intimate one-on-one interviews with the man himself, Nicholas Wrathall's new documentary Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia is a fascinating and entertaining portrait of the last lion of the age of American liberalism. Commentary by those who knew him best-including filmmaker Burr Steers and the late Christopher Hitchens-is blended with footage from Vidal's legendary on-air career to remind us why he will forever stand as one of the most brilliant and fearless critics of our time. Gore Vidal's return to America in 2005 marked the last great stage in his creative career. Giving insight into these final years, The United States of Amnesia represents an extraordinary opportunity to share his view on America in the twenty-first century. Featuring candid vérité footage of Vidal, the film explores his enduring global impact on art, politics, and everything in between. This is Gore Vidal's last word and testimony.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 10, 2015). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16213519