A story of people in war and peace / produced and directed by Vardan Hovhannisyan
- Paris : ZED, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (69 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Hovhannisyan, Vardan
- World history in video
- Language Note:
- In English and Armenian with English subtitles.
- From 1989-1994, Vardan Hovhannisyan filmed the Karabakh war on the frontlines as a war correspondent. He lived alongside the soldiers, doctors, and villagers caught in the conflict and captured their immediate thoughts and last words to their families. A few years later, Vardan returns to Karabagh and reunites with some of the survivors to try and find answers to the war and lessons for peace. Through chaotic and terse frontline images juxtaposed with intimate conversations with the veterans today, the documentary emphasizes the psychological effects the war had on the young Armenian soldiers. The filmmaker wants to show how they are surviving in peace and raises ultimate questions about the costs of war and how it changes life forever.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 27, 2015).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16214141