Innovations in grouting and soil improvement [electronic resource] : Geo-Frontiers 2005 / Vernon R. Schaefer, Donald A. Bruce, Michael J. Byle, editors
- Additional Titles:
- Geo-Frontiers 2005
- [Reston, VA] : American Society of Civil Engineers, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (various pagings) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Schaefer, Vernon R., Bruce, Donald A., Byle, Michael J., American Society of Civil Engineers. Geo-Institute, Geosynthetic Materials Association, Geosynthetic Research Institute, Geo-Frontiers Conference (2005 : Austin, Tex.), Geosynthetics Conference (2005 : Austin, Tex.), and Geosynthetic Research Institute Conference (18th : 2005 : Austin, Tex.)
- Standardized Definitions and Laboratory Procedures for Soil-Cement Specimens Applicable to the Wet Method of Deep Mixing -- Quality Assurance for Limited Mobility Grouting -- Intruded Concrete Plugs in a Deep Gold Mine: An Exercise in Quality Control, Assurance, and Performance Verification -- Quality and Quantification in Rock Drilling and Grouting -- Jet Grouting Applications for Large-Scale Basement Construction in Soft Clay -- Jet Grouting at Posey Tube, Oakland, California -- Enhancing the Capacity of Belled Caissons with LMG: A Case History -- Issues in Design and Evaluation of Compaction Grouting for Foundation Repair -- Underpinning of Drilled Shafts Using Jet Grouting -- Design and Construction of CDSM Slope Reinforcement for Seismic Retrofit of Pump Station -- Application of Deep Mixing Method to a Challenging Bridge Construction Project: The Glen Road Interchange -- Economical Mixing Method for Cement Deep Mixing -- Installation Effects on Properties of Surrounding Clays by Different Deep Mixing Methods -- Strength Variance within Cement Treated Soils Induced by Newly Developed Pneumatic Flow Mixing Method -- Column Testing to Determine Colloidal Silica Transport Mechanisms -- A Laboratory Study into Fracture Grouting of Fissured Ankara Clay -- Dewatering and Amending Dredged Material for Beneficial Use -- Evaluation of Strength, Resilient Moduli, Swell, and Shrinkage Characteristics of Four Chemically Treated Sulfate Soils from North Texas -- Strength and Volume Change Behavior of Expansive Soils Treated with Fly Ash -- Foundation of Constructions on Very Soft Soils with Geotextile Encased Columns: State of the Art -- Stone Columns for Control of Power Station Foundation Settlements -- Combination of Ground Improvement Techniques for Support of Shallow Foundations in Karst -- Pipe Pile Stone Columns at Webster Street Tube, Oakland, California -- Remediation of a Failing MSE Wall by Jet Grouting -- Foundation Soil Improvement Using Vibro Compaction Combined with Geo Grids
- ASCE eBooks and Standards
- Part of the proceedings of the Geo-Frontiers Conference, Jan. 24-26, 2005, Austin, Texas, sponsored by the Geo Institute, the Geosynthetic Materials Association and the Geosynthetic Research Institute.
The Geo-Frontiers 2005 Conference included three key events: the ASCE Geo-Institute Congress 2005, the GMA Geosynthetics 2005 Conference, and the 18th Annual GRI Conference. Cf. cd-rom abstract.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 16215788