AEI 2011 [electronic resource] : building integration solutions : proceedings of the 2011 Architectural Engineering National Conference, March 30-April 2, 2011 Oakland, California / sponsored by the Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers ; edited by Abraham C. Lynn, Robert Reitherman
- Conference Author:
- Architectural Engineering National Conference (2011 : Oakland, Calif.)
- Reston, Va. : American Society of Civil Engineers, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 504 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Lynn, Abraham C., Reitherman, Robert, 1950-, Architectural Engineering Institute, and American Society of Civil Engineers
- The Temple of Antioch : A Study Abroad Internship for Architectural Engineering Students -- The Golden Gate Bridge Outdoor Exhibition : Public Works for Public Learning -- The Retention of Women in the Architectural Engineering Workforce -- Using Case Studies to Characterize the Broader Meaning of Engineering Design for Today's Student -- Carnegie Mellon University Facilities as an Educational Laboratory -- Drawing and Modeling : Analog Tools in the Age of BIM -- Hands-On Green Building Activities for Beginning Students -- Structural Integration Solution for the Texas A&M 2007 Solar Decathlon "GroHome" -- Evaluation of the Development of Student Skills in Visual and Computer-Aided Structural Modeling in Architecture -- Public Private Partnership (PPP) Sustainability in the Context of PPP Educational Projects in Ireland -- Participation of Women in Architectural Engineering : What Causes It? -- Interdisciplinary Design Experience for the Masses -- Accreditation The New Architectural Engineering Program Criteria -- You Can't Judge a Book by Its Cover : Rethinking the Open Rainscreen for the Exterior Building Envelope -- Evaluation of Three-Coat Stucco Installations on Commercial Buildings -- Managing Occupant Comfort with Highly Transparent All-Glass Facades -- Introduction of a Transparent Sustainable Load-Bearing Wall System with Integrated Photovoltaic for Residential Construction -- Racking Test Evaluation of Unitized Curtain Wall Systems Using Glazing Tapes -- Seismic Evaluation of Storefront Systems through Cyclic Racking Test -- Seismic Evaluation of the Four-Sided Structural Sealant Glazing Curtain Wall System for Cathedral Hill Hospital Project -- Analytical Load and Dynamic Increase Factors for Progressive Collapse Analysis of Building Frames -- Blast Resistant Design Technology and Its Use in Antiterrorism Protection of Structures -- Natural Structural Systems and Forms -- Sustainable Structural Systems and Configurations for Tall Buildings -- Structural Engineering for Complex-Shaped Tall Buildings -- FEMA P-58 Next-Generation Performance Assessment of Buildings -- Determination of Building Modal Parameters Using Low-Level Excitation -- Identifying the Determinants of Energy Use in Texas A&M University Campus at Kingsville -- Energy Efficient Method Identification for an Education Building -- Air-to-Air Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems -- Sustainable Concrete : Impacts of Existing and Emerging Materials and Technologies on the Construction Industry -- Predicting the Environmental Impact of Structures in Regions of High Seismic Risk -- Camera Aided Luminance Measurement of the Luminous Surfaces of Different Light Sources -- Utilizing a Multidisciplinary Design Team for Energy Efficient Renovations of Existing Buildings -- Strengths and Weaknesses of Wood-Framed Structures -- Performance of Structural Glued Laminated Members -- Earthquake Damage Assessment of Residential Wood-Frame Structures -- The Growing Role of Wood in Building Sustainability -- The Materials of the Cathedral of Christ the Light -- Glass and Steel : Transparent and Lightweight Enclosure Structures in China -- High Performance Modular Building : Inspiration from the past, Technology from the Present, Design for the Future -- Structural Fire Engineering for Modern Building Design Case Study -- Research on the Seismic Performance of Nonstructural Components -- Behavior of Nonstructural Components in Recent Earthquakes -- Nonstructural Components and Systems Designing Hospitals for Post-Earthquake Functionality -- Reducing the Risks of Nonstructural Earthquake Damage : New Tools for Design Professionals -- Demands on Nonstructural Components during Nonlinear Seismic Response of Multistory Structures -- A Literature Review on Measuring Building Performance by Using Key Performance Indicators -- Use of a Multimethodology Research Approach to Improve Building Operating Decisions -- A Dream of Ideal Project Delivery System -- Design and Planning for Safety (DPfS) ; A Factor Modeling Approach to Find the Best Response to Hazard -- Innovation and Improvements of Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Systems for Modular Construction Using Building Information Modeling -- Building Information Modeling for Electrical Contractors : Current Practice and Recommendations -- Construction Safety in Design Process -- Global Project Delivery Systems Using BIM -- Effectiveness of the "VDI-H.F.O.M©ơller Method" in Building Element Design -- Analysis of Building Element Design Methods.
- 9780784476581 (electronic bk.)
0784476586 (electronic bk.)
- ASCE eBooks and Standards
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16215897