Water Distribution Systems Analysis 2010 [electronic resource] : proceedings of the 12th International Conference, September 12-15, 2010, Tucson, Arizona / edited by Kevin E. Lansey [and others] ; sponsored by Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Conference Author:
- Water Distribution Systems Analysis Conference (12th : 2010 : Tucson, Ariz.)
- Additional Titles:
- WDSA 2010
- Reston, VA : American Society of Civil Engineers, ℗♭2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (iii, 1,694 pages) : illustrations (some color)
- Additional Creators:
- Lansey, Kevin E.
American Society of Civil Engineers
Environmental and Water Resources Institute (U.S.)
- CWSNET : An Object-Oriented Toolkit for Water Distribution System Simulations -- An Overview of EPANET Version 3.0 -- The Open Sourcing of EPANET -- Programming Styles for an Open Source EPANET Project -- Comparing the Q-Equations and Todini-Pilati Formulation for Solving the Water Distribution System Equations -- Advancements in Water Distribution Network Simulation by Enhanced GGA -- EPANET2 Desktop Application for Pressure Driven Demand Modeling -- Pressure-Dependent EPANET Extension : Pressure-Dependent Demands -- Pressure-Dependent EPANET Extension : Extended Period Simulation -- Hydraulic Transient Simulation in Networks Using a Multi-Agent Based Approach -- Using Transient Flow Equations for Modelling of Filling and Emptying of Large-Scale Pipeline -- Three-Dimensional Numerical Modeling of Two-Phase Flow in Water-Filling Pipelines -- Experimental Study of the Drinking Water Service Lines with Leaks -- Fast Transients As a Tool for Partial Blockage Detection in Pipes : First Experimental Results -- Pressure Utilization in Water Transmission Pipelines Considering Transient Conditions -- Hydraulic Transient Computer Model for San Diego Water Authority -- Experimental Study of Gas-Water Pulse Pipe Cleaning -- The Self-Cleaning Velocity in Practice -- Latest Advances in Pipeline Renovation with Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) -- A Real-Time Intervention Management Model for Reducing Impacts Due to Pipe Isolation in Water Distribution Systems -- A Fast New Method for Segment Identification in Water Distribution Systems -- A Tool for Preliminary WDN Topological Analysis -- Hydraulic Simulator Testing : Methods, Tools, and Results -- Is It Real or Isn't It? Addressing Early Warning System Alarms -- Combining Water Quality and Operational Data for Improved Event Detection -- A Citywide Hierarchical Data Command and Control Structure for Early Warning Systems -- Real Time Monitoring for Pathogens in Water -- Optimal Water Quality Sensor Locations in Water Distribution Systems by Network Analysis and Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm -- Optimization of Water Quality Sensor Locations in Water Distribution Systems Considering Imperfect Mixing -- Application of NA-ACO in Multiobjective Contaminant Sensor Network Design for Water Distribution Systems -- Optimization of Contaminant Sensor Placement in Water Distribution Networks : Multi-Objective Approach -- Formulating and Analyzing Multi-Stage Sensor Placement Problems -- Assessing the Impact of Population Distribution on Sensor Network Design -- Integrating Event Detection System Operating Characteristics into Sensor Placement Optimization -- Getting Dual Use Value from Security Monitoring -- Real-Time Water Quality Assessment with Bayesian Belief Networks -- Graph Decomposition in Risk Analysis and Sensor Placement for Water Distribution Network Security -- Optimal Determination of Grab Sample Locations and Source Inversion in Large-Scale Water Distribution Systems -- Bayesian Networks for Estimating Contaminant Source and Propagation in a Water Distribution System Using Cluster Structure -- An ArcGIS Tool for Rapid Contaminant Source Identification -- Identification of Possible Contamination Sources Using Reverse Hydraulic Simulation -- Survival of Infectious Prions in Water -- Event-Based Microbial Risk Assessment and Response Analysis of Cryptosporidium in Municipal Water Distribution Networks -- Negative Pressure Events in Water Distribution Systems : Public Health Risk Assessment Based on Transient Analysis Outputs -- Pathogen Intrusion in Distribution Systems : Model to Assess the Potential Health Risks -- Pilot Scale Laboratory Investigations into the Impact of Steady State Conditioning Flow on Potable Water Discolouration -- Discolored Water Analysis and Modeling for Trunk Networks : The Case of Bogot©Ł, Colombia -- Modelling Discolouration in WDS Caused by Hydraulic Transient Events -- Discolouration Risk Management for Trunk Mains -- An Unsteady Optimization Algorithm for Water Distribution Systems Including Hydraulics and Water Quality Criteria -- Study on Residual Chlorine Control of Water Distribution Systems with Multiple Water Sources -- NetSafe-Enhanced Water Distribution Network Safety through Predictive Simulation Software.
Simulating Intentional Contamination Events in Water Distribution Systems : A Report on the Sensitivity of Estimated Impacts to Major Simulation Parameters -- Intrusion Modelling and the Effect of Ground Water Conditions -- A Risk Assessment of the Tap Drinking Water Quality in a Water Distribution System Based on Consumer Complaints -- Flushing under Source Uncertainties -- Modelling Chlorine Transport under Unsteady-State Hydraulic Conditions -- Use of the NYC WDS Model to Evaluate Strategies for Compliance with the Stage 2 D/DBP Rule -- Turbulent Processes in Drinking Water Distribution -- Interpretation of Loose Deposits Motion in Drinking Water Distribution Network -- Modeling and Simultation of Arsenate Fate and Transport in a Distribution System Simulator -- Integrated Water Quality Modeling of Water Distribution Systems -- Water Distribution Network Residual Chlorine Modeling Based on the Synergy of Chlorine and Chlorine Dioxide -- Field Verification of an Integrated Hydraulic and Multi-Species Water Quality Model -- Water Quality Calibration of New York City's Water Distribution System Model -- Calibration Process of a Chlorine Decay Model : The Case Study of Bogot©Ł -- Dual Calibration for Coupled Flow and Transport Models of Water Distribution Systems -- Using Tracer Field Testing for Model Calibration : A Case Study -- Water Distribution System Design Using Agent Swarm Optimization -- Penalty-Free Multi-Objective Evolutionary Optimization of Water Distribution Systems -- A Method for Assessing the Performance of Genetic Algorithm Optimization for Water Distribution Design -- A Methodology for Comparing Evolutionary Algorithms for Optimising Water Distribution Systems -- Sensitivity Analysis to Improve Water Distribution System Optimisation -- Multi-Objective Optimal Design of Dual Water Distribution Network -- Life-Cycle Analysis of Water Main Materials in the Optimal Design of the "Anytown" Water Network -- A Game Theory Approach for De-Centralization of Reclaimed Water Systems -- Optimal Reclaimed Water Network Design via Two-Stage Stochastic Binary Programming -- Water Supply Clusters by Multi-Agent Based Approach -- A Design Support Methodology for District Metering of Water Supply Networks -- Embedding Neural Networks in Multiobjective Genetic Algorithms for Water Distribution System Design -- Hybrid Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm for Optimal Design of Water Supply Network -- Multi-Objective Optimization of Integrated Water Reuse Systems at a Cluster Scale -- Optimal Operation of Raw Water System Using Accelerating Genetic Algorithm -- Robustness and Vulnerability Analysis of Water Distribution Networks Using Graph Theoretic and Complex Network Principles -- Customizing Climate Change Adaptation at Drinking Water Treatment Plants -- Classification of Drinking Water Pipe Sections with Respect to Particle Related Water Quality -- Impact of Soil Properties on Pipe Corrosion : Re-Examination of Traditional Conventions -- Statistical Estimation Model of Water Pipe Deterioration by Mathematical Function -- The Application of In-Line Inspection Technology for Condition Assessment of Water Mains -- Assessment of PVC Joints Using Ultrasound -- Impact of Pipe Material Selection on Greenhouse Gas Mitigation in Water Networks under Uncertain Discount Rates and Carbon Prices -- Planning Rehabilitation Actions on Water Distribution Networks in Condition of Data Scarcity -- Determination of Rehabilitation Priority Order of Subareas in Water Distribution Systems Considering the Relative Importance of Pipes -- How Much Is "Your Un-Calibrated Model" Costing Your Utility? Ten Lessons Learned from Calibrating the CRD Water Model -- Study on Mathematical Model of Functional Quantitative of Water Distribution Systems Based on Value Engineering -- Real-Time Leak Detection in Water Distribution Systems -- Pressure-Dependent Leakage Detection Method Compared with Conventional Techniques -- Field Validation of "Optimal" Instrumentation Methodology for Burst/Leak Detection and Location -- Research on Leakage Control of Water Distribution Network Based on Pressure-Driven Demand Model -- Leakage Control in Water Distribution Networks by Using Optimal Pressure Management : A Case Study -- Pressure and Leakage Management in Water Distribution Systems via Flow Modulation PRVs -- Leakage and Pipe Materials.
Fatigue Failure of Large-Diameter Cast Iron Mains -- Hydraulic State Estimation of Post-Earthquake Water Distribution Systems -- Energy Assessment of Water Networks : A Case Study -- No Water or Dirty Water? Managing Operational Risk in Water Distribution Systems -- Feedback Rules for Operation of Pumps in a Water Supply System Considering Electricity Tariffs -- Chemical Stability Inclusion in Optimizing the Operation of Water Networks -- Bayesian Temporal Modeling of Water Demands at Household Level -- Modelling Characteristic Values for Non-Residential Water Demand -- Bad Data Processing for Water Distribution System Demand Estimation -- Use of Error Analysis for Calibration of Water Distribution Systems -- Sustainability Indicators for Long-Term Water Supply : Case Studies of Tucson Active Management Area -- Sequential Estimation of Demand and Roughness in Water Distribution System -- Hybrid Water Demand Forecasting Model Associating Artificial Neural Network with Fourier Series -- Analysis and Estimation Models of Residential Water Demands from Hourly Monitored Data -- Residential Water Demand-Daily Trends -- Water Main Burst Event Detection and Localization -- On-Line Hydraulic Modeling of a Water Distribution System in Singapore -- Virtual Sensors to Improve On-Line Hydraulic Model Calibration -- WaterWiSe@SG : A Testbed for Continuous Monitoring of the Water Distribution System in Singapore -- How Accurate is a Hydraulic Model? -- Optimal Design of Water Distribution Systems Considering Uncertainties in Demands and Roughness Coefficients -- Analysis of Simplification Errors for Water Distribution Models -- A Comparison of Various Uncertainty Propagation Methods : An Example of Subsurface Contaminant Transport -- A Simulation Study of Stochastic Water Demands on Distribution System Transport and Water Quality over a Large "All-Pipe" Network System -- Speeding Up the Stochastic Analysis of Water Distribution Systems Using a Compression Heuristic -- The Risk of a Municipal Storage Tank Running Dry Due to User Demands -- Strategies for Real Time Pump Operation for Water Distribution Systems -- Application of Existing Water Models for Use on New Development -- Modern Methods to Solve an Age-Old Problem : Using Modeling and GIS to Improve Fire Suppression -- Online Measurement Usage for Predicting Water Age from Tracer Tests to Validate a Hydraulic Model -- Applying Genetic Programming Approaches to Short-Term Water Demand Forecast for District Water System -- Battle of the Water Calibration Networks-MWH UK -- Battle of the Water Calibration Networks (BWCN) -- The Battle of the Water Calibration Networks (BWC) : Roughness and Demand Estimation Based on Weighted Least Squares (WLS) Method -- Hydraulic Calibration for a Small Water Distribution Network -- Progressive Optimization Approach for Calibrating EPS Hydraulic Models -- Calibration and Sensitivity Analysis of the C-Town Pipe Network Model -- Flow-Sequential Sector-Specific Lumped Algorithm for Water Network Calibration -- Calibration of Water Distribution Network for BWCN -- Calibration of C-Town Network Using Harmony Search Algorithm -- Battle of the Water Calibration Networks (BWCN) : A Component Status Changes Oriented Calibration Method for Zonal Management Water Distribution Networks -- Research on Water Distribution Network Calibration Using Heuristics Algorithm and Pipeline Resistance Coefficient Empirical Model -- A Clonal Selection Algorithm for the C-Town Network Calibration -- Calibration of Water Distribution System Using Topological Analysis -- A Two Stage Optimization Approach for Calibrating Water Distribution Systems.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 16215908