Pavements and materials [electronic resource] : characterization, modeling, and simulation : proceedings of Symposium on Pavement Mechanics and Materials at the 18th ASCE Engineering Mechanics Division (EMD) Conference, June 3-6, 2007, Blacksburg, Virginia / sponsored by Pavements Committee of the Geo-Institute, American Society of Civil Engineers [and others] ; edited by Zhanping You, Ala R. Abbas, Linbing Wang
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Pavement Mechanics and Materials
- Reston, Va. : American Society Of Civil Engineers, ℗♭2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 167 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- You, Zhanping, Abbas, Ala R., Wang, Linbing, 1963-, American Society of Civil Engineers. Geo-Institute. Pavements Committee, and ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference (18th : 2007 : Blacksburg, Va.)
- "This Publication contains 16 papers concerning a variety of timely issues in pavement mechanics. Topics include the characterization, modeling, and simulation of asphalt mixtures, asphalt pavements, and concrete mixtures. Eight of these papers were submitted for publication only, while the other eight were presented at the Symposium on Pavement Mechanics and Materials at the 18th ASCE Engineering Mechanics Division Conference held June 3-6, 2007, in Blacksburg, Virginia."
"Topics discussed include: Modeling and simulations of asphalt concrete; Interactions between aggregates, mastics, and voids; Use of finite-element-method (FEM) and discrete-element-method (DEM); Continuum approaches including nonlinear viscoelastic analysis and temperature dependency; Pavement stress and strain analysis; Laboratory characterization of modified asphalt concrete; Pavement fatigue analysis; Tire-pavement interaction; and Coefficient of thermal expansion on concrete for rigid pavement design."--Jacket.
- 9780784472415 (electronic bk.)
0784472416 (electronic bk.)
- ASCE eBooks and Standards
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 16215963