Seismic hazard design issues in the central United States / edited by James E. Beavers, Ph.D., P.E. ; Nasim Uddin, Ph.D., P.E.
- Reston, Virginia : American Society of Civil Engineers, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 160 pages) : illustrations (some color), maps (some color).
- Additional Creators:
- Beavers, James E., Uddin, Nasim, and ASCE Council on Disaster Risk Management
- Introduction to the 2012 Seismic Hazard Workshop / J.E. Beavers, Ph.D., P.E., William J. Hall, Ph.D., P.E., and R.J. Hunt, P.E. -- History of Seismic Design in the Central United States / J.E. Beavers, Ph.D., P.E., William J. Hall, Ph.D., P.E., and R.J. Hunt, P.E. -- URM-Free by 2033 : Toward a National Safe Schools Agenda / Edward C. Wolf and Yumei Wang, P.E. -- The 2008 Sichuan Earthquake in China and Implications for the Central United States / Craig Taylor, Ph.D., Nasim Uddin, Ph.D., P.E., Yajie (Jerry Lee), Kent Yu, Ph.D., S.E., Chris Poland, S.E., and William Graf, P.E. -- A Multihazard Perspective for the Central U.S./ Philip J. Schneider -- Geotechnical Issues and Site Response in the Central U.S. / Youssef M.A. Hashash, Byungmin Kim, Scott M. Olson, and Sungwoo Moon -- Major Changes in Spectral Shapes for Critical Facilities in Central and Eastern United States / R.J. Hunt, P.E. -- The International Building Code and the Tennessee Adoption Process / R.J. Mauer and J.E. Beavers, Ph.D., P.E. -- Seismic Design in Western Kentucky : Issues and Alternatives / Zhenming Wang -- Developing Resiliency Measures to Reduce Seismic Hazard Impact in the Central United States / Vilas Mujumder, P.E., S.E.
- 9780784478226 (electronic bk.)
0784478228 (electronic bk.)
9780784413203 (print : alk. paper)
0784413207 (print : alk. paper)
- ASCE eBooks and Standards
- This collection contains nine papers on seismic design issues in the central United States, specifically in the New Madrid Seismic Zone, presented at the CDRM workshop held April 10, 2012 in Memphis, TN.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16215990