Radical inequalities : China's revolutionary welfare state in comparative perspective / Nara Dillon
- Dillon, Nara
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard University Asia Center, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 332 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Part I. The politics of founding China's welfare state -- China's place in the globalization of the welfare state, 1880s-1980s -- The nationalist origins of the Chinese welfare state, 1943-49 -- The Communist foundation of the Chinese welfare state, 1948-51 -- Part II. The politics of expanding China's welfare state -- The Soviet Model : transitional welfare in the first five-year plan, 1952-54 -- Chinese austerity : transitional restraint in the urban revolution, 1955-58 -- Mao's communes : universal welfare in the great leap forward, 1958-62 -- Conclusion : China's narrow welfare state in comparative perspective.
- 9780674504318 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0674504313 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-322) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16216048