Sustainable cities : inspirational case studies / edited by Simon Mills
- Sheffield, UK : Greenleaf Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vii, 119 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mills, Simon
- Foreword / The Right Honourable The Lord mayor of the City of London, Alderman Fiona Woolf CBE -- Introduction / Simon Mills MSc MPA, Head of Sustainable Development for the City of London -- About the Sustainable City Awards -- Sustainable City Award winners -- About the city of London -- GrowUp Urban Farms (award: entrepreneurship, commercial) -- Project Dirt (award: entrepreneurship, commercial) -- Rosh Engineering (award: entrepreneurship, commercial) -- PleaseCycle (now Yomp) (award: entrepreneurship, social) -- Core Arts (award: greening the third sector) -- Abundance (award: sustainable finance) -- Co-oproduct CIC (award: responsible waste management and social entrepreneurship) -- Nampak Plastics (award: responsible waste management) -- Castle climbing centre (award: responsible waste management/sustainable food) -- United House, NHP Leisure Developments and Mitsubishi Electric (joint award) (award: sustainable building) -- WestTrans Partnership (award: sustainable travel and support).
- Winners and nominees of the 2013/14 Sustainable City Awards present their case stories in a new collection. These short, easy-to-read stories will serve as an inspiration to others around the world in the quest to make our cities more sustainable. The awards were established in 2001 by the City of London Corporation and aim to recognize and award organizations that have demonstrated excellence in sustainable development.
- 9781783531967 (hbk.)
- "Winners and nominees of the 2013/14 Sustainable City Awards present their case stories in a new collection ... " --Back cover.
View MARC record | catkey: 16216395