Haytian papers [electronic resource] : A collection of the very interesting proclamations, and other official documents; together with some account of the rise, progress, and present state of the kingdom of Hayti. / With a preface by Prince Sanders [sic], Esq. agent for the Haytian government
- London : Printed for W. Reed, law bookseller, no. 17, Fleet Street, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, xv, 1 unnumbered page, 228 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : portrait ; 24 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- Henri Christophe, King of Haiti, 1767-1820
Saunders, Prince, -1839
Haiti. Sovereign (1811-1820 : Henri Christophe)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- (From table of contents) Editor's address -- Code Henri : Law respecting the culture [of the land] -- Extracts from the registers of the deliberations of the consuls of the [French] Republic -- Narrative of the accession of their Royal Majesties to the throne of Hayti -- State of Hayti : Proclamation : Henri Christophe, president ... to the land and naval armaments [Oct. 8, 1810] -- Constitutional law of the Council of State which establishes royalty in Hayti [Apr. 4, 1811] -- Kingdom of Hayti : Manifesto of the King [Sept. 18, 1814] -- Reflections of the editor --Royal gazette of Hayti [Jan. 4, 1816] -- Proclamation [Jan. 1, 1816] --Reflections on the abolition of the slave trade.
- John Carter Brown Library - Haiti Collection (Internet Archive)
- At head of title: By authority.
"[Entered at Stationers Hall.] T. Bensley and Son, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, London": verso of title page.
"T. Bensley and Son, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, London": colophon on p. 228.
Signatures: [A]² b (b8 verso blank) B-P Q².
Engraved head piece (coat of arms of Haiti)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present 29578.
Bissainthe, M. Dict. de bib. haïtienne, 7920.
View MARC record | catkey: 16217691