The future of counterinsurgency : contemporary debates in internal security strategy / Lawrence E. Cline and Paul Shemella, editors
- Praeger Security International
- Thinking about counterinsurgency / Lawrence E. Cline -- "British counterinsurgency: myth or reality? / Thomas R. Mockaitis -- Strategy and outcome: what does winning look like? / Paul Shemella -- Strategic communication and COIN ops in the emerging security environment / Paul Clarke -- The case for cultural heritage protection as an element of COIN / Christopher Jasparro -- Countering Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA) financing and combating the ability of insurgents to raise funds through crime in Northern Ireland during "The Troubles" / Colin P. Clarke -- COINdinistas versus whack-a-mole: the debate on counterinsurgency approaches / Lawrence E. Cline -- Sri Lanka and the destruction of the Tamil Tigers / Paul Clarke -- Counter-insurgency intelligence: looking forward by looking back / David A. Charters -- The "others": complex groups and internal security / Lawrence E. Cline -- Egypt: confronting the challenge of low level insurgency / Robert Springborg -- The transnational security threat from D-Company / Sharad Joshi, Gretchen Peters, and Phil Williams -- The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria: sustainable insurgency or paper tiger? / Colin P. Clarke and Phil Williams.
- As countries across the globe continue to adjust their security operations to counter an increasingly volatile political landscape, the issue of how to identify and derail a host of violent groups remains of considerable interest. This comprehensive volume offers an examination of the effectiveness of contemporary counterinsurgency efforts, revealing which approaches offer the greatest chances of success internally, regionally, and internationally. Featuring perspectives from experts and analysts in the field of irregular warfare and international security, this is an unparalleled explora.
- 9781440833007 electronic bk.
1440833001 electronic bk.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16219144