Japan under construction : corruption, politics, and public works / Brian Woodall
- Woodall, Brian (Writer on Japanese politics)
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 214 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Construction Contractors and the Calculus of Collusion -- 2.Public Works Bureaucrats Under Siege -- 3.The Career Politician and the Phantom Party's Invisible Feet -- 4.Factioneers, Tribalists, and the LDP's Construction Caucus -- Conclusion: Change and Inertia in the Politics of Japanese Public Works -- Appendix A. Chronology of Trade Friction and Scandal in Japanese Construction, 1985-1994 -- Appendix B. Administrative Vice-Ministers of Construction, 1948-1994 -- Appendix C. Construction Ministers, 1955-1994 -- Appendix D. Positional Influence and the Pork Barrel: A Multivariate Regression Model.
- 0520088158 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 181-204) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1623953