The city : a world history / Andrew Lees
- Lees, Andrew, 1940-
- New York, NY : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 145 pages ; 25 cm.
- New Oxford world history
- Origins and locations of early cities, 3500-500 BCE -- Great cities, 500 BCE-300 CE -- Decline and development, 300-1500 -- Capitals, culture, colonization, and revolution, 1500-1800 -- Urban growth and its consequences in an age of industrialization, 1800-1914 -- Colonial cities, 1800-1914 -- Destruction and reconstruction, 1914-1960 -- Urban decline and urban growth since 1950.
- 9780199859542 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
019985954X (pbk. ; alk. paper)
9780199859528 (hardback ; alk. paper)
0199859523 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 127-138) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Robert E. and Joyce L. Umbaugh Libraries Endowment for the Penn State DuBois Campus Library; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 16407018