Plant phosphoproteomics [electronic resource] : methods and protocols / edited by Waltraud X. Schulze, Department of Plant Systems Biology, Universität Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Physical Description:
- x, 231 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Schulze, Waltraud X.
- Methods in molecular biology, 1064-3745 ; 1306
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The plant kinome / Monika Zulawski and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Phosphatases in plants / Alois Schweighofer and Irute Meskiene -- Phosphoproteomics in cereals / Pingfang Yang -- Screening of kinase substrates using kinase knockout mutants / Taishi Umezawa -- Phosphopeptide pofiling of receptor kinase mutants / Xu Na Wu and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Combining metabolic N labeling with improved tandem MOAC for enhanced probing of the phosphoproteome / Martin Thomas [and four others] -- Kinase activity and specificity assay using synthetic peptides / Xu Na Wu and Waltraud X. Schulze -- Absolute quantitation of protein posttranslational modification isoform / Zhu Yang and Ning Li -- Phosphorylation stoichiometry determination in plant photosynthetic membranes / Björn Ingelsson, Rikard Fristedt, and Maria V. Turkina -- Phosphopeptide immuno-affinity enrichment to enhance detection of tyrosine phosphorylation in plants / Sharon C. Mithoe and Frank L.H. Menke -- The peptide microarray ChloroPhos1.0 : a screening tool for the identification of Arabidopsis thaliana chloroplast protein kinase substrates / Anna Schönberg and Sacha Baginsky -- Plant protein kinase substrates identification using protein microarrays / Shisong Ma and Savithramma P. Dinesh-Kumar -- Targeted analysis of protein phosphorylation by 2D electrophoresis / Kristin Mayer, Sally Albrecht, and Andreas Schaller -- Computational phosphorylation network reconstruction : methods and resources / Guangyou Duan and Dirk Walther -- Computational identification of protein kinases and kinase-specific substrates in plants / Han Cheng [and three others] -- Databases for plant phosphoproteomics / Waltraud X. Schulze, Qiuming Yao, and Dong Xu -- Phosphorylation site prediction in plants / Qiuming Yao, Waltraud X. Schulze, and Dong Xu.
- This detailed volume addresses recent developments in phosphoproteomic techniques with a particular focus on the plant system. Over the recent decades, proteomic methods were refined to study the significance and dynamics of protein phosphorylation in various biological contexts. However, working with plant tissue imposes particular challenges to the biologist which are attributed to the rigid cell wall making protein extraction more difficult, the skewed protein abundance with Rubisco as a highly abundant protein, and a large central vacuole leading to low protein yield and increased degradative enzyme activity. The methodologies in this book seek to move beyond these issues. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Practical and authoritative, Plant Phosphoproteomics: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal reference for researchers investigating this vital area of plant science. --
- 1493926470 (alk. paper)
9781493926473 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16408848