Solar Sail Spaceflight Simulation
- Bladt, Jeff
- September 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Additional Creators:
- Scheeres, Daniel, Evans, James, Schimmels, John, Ellis, Jordan, Rios-Reyes, Leonel, Piggott, Scott, Lawrence, Dale, Roberts, Timothy, and Lisano, Michael
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Solar Sail Spaceflight Simulation Software (S5) toolkit provides solar-sail designers with an integrated environment for designing optimal solar-sail trajectories, and then studying the attitude dynamics/control, navigation, and trajectory control/correction of sails during realistic mission simulations. Unique features include a high-fidelity solar radiation pressure model suitable for arbitrarily-shaped solar sails, a solar-sail trajectory optimizer, capability to develop solar-sail navigation filter simulations, solar-sail attitude control models, and solar-sail high-fidelity force models.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100010965.
NASA Tech Briefs, September 2007; 29-30.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16411170