Gear-Driven Turnbuckle Actuator
- Rivera, Ricky N.
- January 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- This actuator design allows the extension and contraction of turnbuckle assemblies. It can be operated manually or remotely, and is extremely compact. It is ideal for turnbuckles that are hard to reach by conventional tools. The tool assembly design solves the problem of making accurate adjustments to the variable geometry guide vanes without having to remove and reinstall the actuator system back on the engine. The actuator does this easily by adjusting the length of the turnbuckles while they are still attached to the engine.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20100001378.
NASA Tech Briefs, January 2010; 17.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16411483