Managing Media Firms and Industries [electronic resource] : What's So Special About Media Management? / edited by Gregory Ferrell Lowe, Charles Brown
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- X, 382 pages 20 illustrations, 17 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Lowe, Gregory Ferrell, Brown, Charles, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Forward -- Introduction -- Part I: Scholarship and Distinction -- Part II: Governance and Accountability -- Part III: Business and Economics -- Part IV: Products and Markets -- Part V: Leadership and Labour.
- This volume provides rich insight into the nature and practice of media management. Contributions assess the degree to which management of media firms requires a unique set of skills, highlighting similarities and differences of media firms compared with other industries in terms of management practices, HR development and operational aspects. Success and limitations of research on media management theory is evaluated, both drawing on management theory and examining insights from other disciplines. Dimensions for future research are considered along with practical implications for media managers and corporate structures. The book serves as a valuable reference for researchers, advanced students and practitioners in media industries.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16418357