Night vision : nocturnes in American art, 1860-1960 / Joachim Homann ; with essays by Avis Berman, Daniel Bosch, Linda J. Docherty, Alexander Nemerov, Hélène Valance
- Lost Horizons : Nocturnes and the Crisis of Images at the Turn of the Twentieth Century / Hélène Valance -- Nocturnal Reflections : Images of the Moon in the Age of Electric Light / Linda J. Docherty -- City Lights : Urban Perceptions of Night / Avis Berman -- Plates -- Attuned to the Night : The Nocturne and American Modernism / Joachim Homann -- Winslow Homer's Dream / Alexander Nemerov -- Poetry and the Fearful Symmetry / Daniel Bosch.
- 9783791354668 hardcover and 3791354663 hardcover
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition organized by Joachim Homann, on view at the Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, Maine.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Elmer F. and Thelma Y. Hinner Libraries Endowment; 2015. and Purchased with funds from the Elmer F. and Thelma Y. Hinner Libraries Endowment; 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 16419436