The power of peers in the classroom : enhancing learning and social skills / edited by Karen R. Harris, Lynn Meltzer
- New York, NY : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 322 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, Karen R. and Meltzer, Lynn
- "Peer support and social relationships have a tremendous influence on development, motivation, and achievement for all students, including struggling learners and those with disabilities. This highly practical book is one of the few resources available to guide classroom teachers and special educators in the application of peer-assisted instructional strategies in grades K-12. Expert contributors describe evidence-based approaches for building students' skills in reading, writing, math, and other content areas, as well as social competence and executive functioning. Sample lessons and 18 reproducible tools are provided. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials in a convenient 8 1/2" x 11" size"--
- 9781462521067 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16419623