The Routledge handbook of language and creativity / edited by Rodney H Jones
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 534 pages ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, Rodney H.
- Routledge handbooks
- Everyday language creativity / Janet Maybin -- Language, creativity and cognition / Andreas Langlotz -- Creativity and discourse analysis / Rodney H. Jones -- Creativity and dialogue : the improvisational nature of conversational interaction / Keith Sawyer -- Lexical creativity / Judith Munat -- Metaphor and metonymy / Laura Hidalgo-Downing -- Humour and language play / Nancy Bell -- Constructed languages / Douglas Ball -- Creativity and interdiscursive performance in professional communication / Vijay K. Bhatia -- Discourses of creativity / Camilla Nelson -- Literariness / David S. Miall -- Literary stylistics and creativity / Geoff Hall -- Cognitive stylistics / Peter Stockwell -- Poetry and poetics / Michael Toolan -- Literary narrative / Andrea MacRae -- Creativity in response / Joan Swann -- Creativity and translation / Douglas Robinson -- Creativity and multimodal literature / Alison Gibbons -- Language and music / Anna Jordanous -- Silence and creativity : re-mediation, transduction and performance / Adam Jaworski -- Creativity in the fourth dimension : the grammar of movement according to Jean Tinguely / Theo Van Leeuwen -- Computational approaches to language and creativity / Tony Veale -- Creativity and Internet communication / Angela Goddard -- Creativity and digital text / Roberto Simanowski -- Language, creativity and remix culture / Michele Knobel and Colin Lankshear -- Vernacular creativity in urban textual landscapes / Victoria Carrington and Clare Dowdall -- Creativity in second-language learning / Tan Bee Tin -- Multilingual creative cognition : theory and practice / Anatoliy Kharkhurin -- Literature and language teaching / Gillian Lazar -- Creativity in composition / Martha C. Pennington -- Teaching creative writing / Graeme Harper.
- "The Routledge Handbook of Language and Creativity provides an introduction and survey of the wide range of perspectives on the relationship between language and creativity. Divided into four sections, this handbook covers the dimensions of language and creativity, literary creativity, multimodal and multimedia creativity, and creativity within language teaching and learning. Written by a group of leading academics from around the world, The Routledge Handbook of Language and Creativity will serve as an important reference for students and scholars in the fields of English language studies, applied linguistics, education and communication studies"--
- Creativity (Linguistics)—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Language and languages—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / General
- LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES / Linguistics / General
- Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Creativity (Linguistics)
- Language and languages
- 9780415839730 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16419766