The conflict in Ukraine : what everyone needs to know / Serhy Yekelchyk
- Yekelchyk, Serhy
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xix, 186 pages : map ; 21 cm.
- What everyone needs to know
- Chapter 1: Why Ukraine? -- Chapter 2: The Land and the People -- Chapter 3: The Making of Modern Ukraine -- Chapter 4: Ukraine after Communism -- Chapter 5: The Orange Revolution and the EuroMaidan -- Chapter 6: Russia's Annexation of the Crimea and the War in the Donbas -- Chapter 7: Building a New Ukraine in a Globalized World.
- "The Conflict in Ukraine: What Everyone Needs to Know explores Ukraine's contemporary conflict and complicated history of ethnic identity, and it does do so by weaving questions of the country's fraught relations with its former imperial master, Russia, throughout the narrative." -- Publisher description.
- Ukraine Conflict, 2014-
- Ukraine Conflict, 2014-—Causes
- Regionalism—Political aspects—Ukraine
- Group identity—Political aspects—Ukraine
- Crimea (Ukraine)—Annexation to Russia (Federation)
- Ukraine—History—Euromaidan Protests, 2013-2014
- Ukraine—Politics and government—1991-
- Ukraine—Foreign relations—Russia (Federation)
- Russia (Federation)—Foreign relations—Ukraine
- Ukraine—Ethnic relations
- 9780190237288 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16419795