Tour de France 100 : the definitive history of the world's greatest race / foreword by Bernard Hinault, preface by Stephen Roche ; Peter Cossins [and three others].
- Additional Titles:
- Tour de France one hundred
- London : Cassell Illustrated, an imprint of Octopus Publishing Group, Ltd. ; New York : distributed in the US by Hachette Book, USA, 
- Physical Description:
- 285 pages : some color illustrations, color maps ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cossins, Peter
- Le Tour de France : the people's race : foreword / by Bernard Hinault -- Le Tour de France : cycling's biggest race : preface / by Stephen Roche -- 'We run on dynamite' : the men who made the Tour -- The 100 greatest stages. The first years of the Tour, 1903-1914 ; The 'dynamite' years, 1919-1929 ; Pre-WWII, 1930-1939 ; The Louison Bobet, Maître Jacques, and Eddy Merckx years, 1947-1975 ; The Bernard Hinault years : the last champion of the old school, 1965-1988 ; The Miguel Indurain phenomenon, 1989-1995 ; The Lance Armstrong era, 1996-2005 ; The Tour today, 2006-2013 -- The atlas of 100 Tours.
- This is a lavishly illustrated, meticulously researched, and comprehensively compiled volume, which provides an unparalleled insight into the most gruelling sporting contest in the world. The book profiles the 100 most memorable stages that shaped the history of cycling. From its brutal first years, through the two World Wars, on to cheating and doping scandals, incredible victories, and tragic deaths - Tour De France 100 captures it all in a unique visual presentation. The book is filled with bespoke digitally-generated maps, iconic photographs and a thorough gazetteer plotting the route of every single tour and listing all the jersey holders. This is the ultimate guide to sport's greatest race.
- Ronald A. Smith Sports History Book Collection.
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16421190