Police corruption and police reforms in developing societies / edited by Kempe Ronald Hope, Sr.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 248 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hope, Kempe Ronald, Sr., 1949-
- Machine generated contents note: Section I THEORETICAL AND ANALYTICAL PERSPECTIVES -- 1.An Analytical Perspective on Police Corruption and Police Reforms in Developing Societies / Kempe Ronald Hope Sr. -- 2.Confronting Police Corruption in Developing Societies: The Role of the Rule of Law / John Mukum Mbaku -- 3.Emphasizing Anticorruption Training as a Reform Tool to Curb Police Corruption in Developing Societies / Kempe Ronald Hope Sr. -- Section II DEVELOPING SOCIETIES CASE STUDIES: AFRICA -- 4.Ghana: Reducing Police Corruption and Promoting Police Professionalism through Reforms / Joseph R.A. Ayee -- 5.Kenya: Police Corruption and Reforms to Control It / Kempe Ronald Hope Sr. -- 6.South Africa: A Schizophrenic System for Combating the Scourge of Police Corruption / Cornelis Roelofse -- 7.Cameroon: Police Corruption and the Police Reforms Imperative / Polycarp Ngufor Forkum -- Section III DEVELOPING SOCIETIES CASE STUDIES: ASIA-PACIFIC -- 8.Hong Kong: Police Corruption and Reforms / Dennis Lai Hang Hui -- 9.India: Nature of Police Corruption and Its Remedies / Arvind Verma -- 10.Royal Solomon Islands: Rainbows across the Mountains---The Issue of Police Corruption / Garth Den Heyer -- Section IV DEVELOPING SOCIETIES CASE STUDIES: LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN -- 11.Argentina: Revisiting Police Corruption and Police Reforms in a Captive State / Guillermina Seri -- 12.Trinidad and Tobago: Crime, Police Corruption, and Police Reforms / Nathan W. Pino -- Section V CHAPTER SUMMARIES -- 13.Chapter Summaries.
- Police Corruption and Police Reforms in Developing Societies provides critical analyses of the extent and nature of police corruption and misconduct in developing societies. It also examines police reform measures that have been implemented or are still necessary to control and mitigate the effects of police corruption in developing societies.--Back cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16421394