Factors controlling the generation of acid mine drainage / by E.G. Williams [and others] ; submitted to Bureau of Mines, U.S. Department of the Interior
- University Park, PA : College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- x, 265 leaves : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, E. G. (Eugene Griffin)
United States. Bureau of Mines
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- LITERATURE REVIEW: Background -- Mechanism for the production of acid -- Reactions consuming acid and other products -- Significance and distribution of controlling factors -- APPROACH OF THIS STUDY: Geologic setting -- Plan of research -- METHODS AND ANALYSES OF DATA COLLECTION: Site selection -- Sampling methods -- Leaching tests -- Effluent characterization -- Field water characterization -- Whole rock characterization -- RESULTS AND INTERPRETATIONS: Total sulfur studies -- Leaching studies -- Examination of pyrite types -- Field experiments -- Additional field tests and observations -- DISCUSSION OF RESULTS: Examination of total sulfur and distribution in shales -- Application of results.
- "Final report on research grant no. G5105086, September 30, 1980-December 31, 1981".
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: leaves 220-232.
- Action Note:
- committed to retain 20170930 20430101 HathiTrust https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
View MARC record | catkey: 165859