Exploring the value of electricity / Clark W. Gellings, P.E.
- Gellings, Clark W.
- Lilburn, GA : The Fairmont Press, Inc.,  and Boca Raton, FL : distributed by Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 254 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- WHAT IF THERE WERE NO ELECTRICITY?: What if humans did not know how to use electricity -- What if electricity failed? -- LIVING WITHOUT ELECTRICITY: How is electricity used today? -- Living without electricity: consequences -- 2020 WITHOUT ELECTRICITY: A day in the life of Johnny -- ELECTRICITY'S VALUE TO SOCIETY: Determining the value of electricity -- Electrification -- The value of expanding end-use -- Applications of electricity -- USING THE ECONOMIC IMPACTS OF BLACKOUTS TO ESTIMATE VALUE: What is a blackout? -- Power outages -- The cost of other power disturbances -- Value of lost load -- CONSUMER WILLINGNESS TO PAY: Willingness to pay -- US customers WTP -- Studies on demand-side management -- OTHER METHODS TO ESTIMATE VALUE: Using utility restoration costs as a measure of value -- Value of unserved energy -- The value of electric lighting -- Resiliency -- ARRA results -- ERCOT economically optimal reserve margin -- Insights from capacity markets -- Comparing have and have-not societies -- ENHANCING THE VALUE OF ELECTRICITY: What can be done to enhance electricity's value to consumers? -- Electricity's value can be enhanced by -- OPEN MARKET ENERGY CONSUMER: Energy waves and the open market customer -- What will be the killer "apps" of the emerging open market energy consumer industry?.
- 9781498744317 hardcover Taylor & Francis Ltd. distribution alkaline paper, 1498744311 hardcover alkaline paper, 9780881737486 hardcover alkaline paper, and 0881737488 hardcover alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16612529