Wonderbook : an illustrated guide to creating imaginative fiction / Jeff VanderMeer ; art by Jeremy Zerfoss (and many others).
- VanderMeer, Jeff
- New York : Abrams Image, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 323 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Inspiration and the creative life -- The ecosystem of story -- Beginnings and endings -- Narrative design -- Characterization -- Worldbuilding -- Revision.
- "This all-new definitive guide to writing imaginative fiction takes a completely novel approach and fully exploits the visual nature of fantasy through original drawings, maps, renderings, and exercises to create a spectacularly beautiful and inspiring object. Employing an accessible, example-rich approach, Wonderbook energizes and motivates while also providing practical, nuts-and-bolts information needed to improve as a writer. Aimed at aspiring and intermediate-level writers, Wonderbook includes helpful sidebars and essays from some of the biggest names in fantasy today, such as George R. R. Martin, Lev Grossman, Neil Gaiman, Michael Moorcock, Catherynne M. Valente, and Karen Joy Fowler, to name a few"--
- 9781419704420 (pbk.) and 1419704427 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
View MARC record | catkey: 16612947