- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- A computer program effects lossless compression of data samples from a one-dimensional source into fixed-length data packets. The software makes use of adaptive prediction: it exploits the data structure in such a way as to increase the efficiency of compression beyond that otherwise achievable. Adaptive linear filtering is used to predict each sample value based on past sample values. The difference between predicted and actual sample values is encoded using a Golomb code.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20090032133.
NASA Tech Briefs, September 2009; 54.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16613958