Digital Phase Meter for a Laser Heterodyne Interferometer
- Loya, Frank
- November 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Digital Phase Meter is based on a modified phase-locked loop. When phase alignment between the reference input and the phase-shifted metrological input is achieved, the loop locks and the phase shift of the digital phase shifter equals the phase difference that one seeks to measure. This digital phase meter is being developed for incorporation into a laser heterodyne interferometer in a metrological apparatus, but could also be adapted to other uses. Relative to prior phase meters of similar capability, including digital ones, this digital phase meter is smaller, less complex, and less expensive. The phase meter has been constructed and tested in the form of a field-programmable gate array (FPGA).
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20080047225.
NASA Tech Briefs, November 2008; 5.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 16614743