Practical CGM : a guide to improving outcomes through continuous glucose monitoring / Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE
- Scheiner, Gary
- Additional Titles:
- Practical continuous glucose monitoring
- Alexandria, Virginia : American Diabetes Association, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 112 pages) : illustrations
- Foreword by Donna Tomky; Foreword by Bruce Buckingham; INTRODUCTION-If New Technology Falls in Our Laps, Does It Make a Sound?; 1-Essentials of Continuous Glucose Monitoring; 2-Maximizing the Benefits in Real Time; 3-Improving Control with CGM Data Analysis; 4-Defeating the Downsides; APPENDIX-Helpful Products for Sensor Site Management; References; Index
- Use of real-time continuous glucose monitors among people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes is growing rapidly and should continue to grow until an artificial pancreas is brought to market. Likewise, use of professional systems in healthcare practices is expanding. But, other than manufacturer instructional manuals and some book chapters on CGMs, there are no standalone publications available with concise, non-commercial instructions on CGM prescription and use.Additionally, continuous glucose monitors are too often not used to their full and proper potential. This leaves users with suboptimal g.
- 9781580406260 electronic bk.
1580406262 electronic bk.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16618834