Make your people before you make your products : using talent management to achieve competitive advantage in global organizations / Paul Turner, Danny Kalman
- The case for talent -- The world as an open market for talented people -- Defining talent -- Removing the 'exclusive' tag -- Developing a global strategy for talent -- The CEO as the 'owner' of the talent strategy -- Coordination and coherence in implementation -- Identifying talent -- Attracting talent at all levels -- Developing the whole workforce -- Managing talent in an age of transparency -- Retaining talent -- Measuring the effectiveness of talent strategy -- Joining up the 'ownership' of talent management.
- Written specifically for HR professionals, this book describes how organizations can gain a global competitive edge through better management of talent resources. With a practice-based philosophy, readers will learn more effective talent management strategies for a complex market in which people are often the only competitive advantage. Inclusivity is emphasized, and discussion centres on innovative, dynamic, fluid approaches to talent acquisition, development, and retention. This book provides practical guidance on more modern approaches, helping organizations to: attract and retain the best talent by expanding talent resource management; augment traditional management methods with more dynamic techniques; develop a talent strategy that recognizes the new diversity of supply and demand; consider the evolving roles of talent and leadership in a global context. --
- 9781119208068 electronic bk.
1119208068 electronic bk.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16618943