- Jaffe, Stephen
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- New Rochelle, NY : Bridge Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Nhất Hạnh, Thích, Hardy, David, 1958-, Vargas, Milagro, Llewellyn, Grant, 1960-, Mann, Paul, 1965-, Kendall, Christopher, Jaffe, Stephen, North Carolina Symphony, Odense byorkester, and 21st Century Consort
- The music of Stephen Jaffe ; vol. 3
- Language Note:
- The last movement of the 4th work sung in English.
- Cut time (2:08) -- Concerto for cello and orchestra (31:49) -- Poetry of the Piedmont (6:38) -- Homage to the breath: instrumental and vocal meditations (23:00).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- The 3rd work for orchestra with recorded bird songs.
Text of the last movement of the 4th work from The blooming of a lotus by Thích Nhá̂t Hạnh.
Editions recorded: Merion Music/Theodore Presser.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- In the 1st and 3rd works: North Carolina Symphony ; Grant Llewellyn, conductor. In the 2nd work: David Hardy, cello ; Odense Symphony Orchestra ; Paul Mann, conductor. In the 4th work: Milagro Vargas, mezzo-soprano ; 21st Century Consort ; Christopher Kendall, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st and 3rd works recorded in concert 2007 January 27 Meymandi Concert Hall, Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts, Raleigh.
2nd work recorded 2006 May 19-20 Carl Nielsen Hall, Odense, Denmark.
4th work recorded 2005 November 6-7 University of Maryland.
View MARC record | catkey: 16619847