Engineering Computation of Structures: The Finite Element Method [electronic resource] / by Maria Augusta Neto, Ana Amaro, Luis Roseiro, José Cirne, Rogério Leal
- Neto, Maria Augusta
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 314 p. 182 illus., 122 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Amaro, Ana
SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Mechanics of Solids and Structures -- 2 Introduction to Finite Element Method -- 3 Finite Element Method for Trusses -- 4 Finite Element Method for Beams -- 5 Finite Element Method for Membranes (2-D Solids) -- 6 Finite Element Method for Plates/Shells -- 7 Finite Element Method for 3D Solids -- 8 Advanced FEM Modelling.
- This book presents theories and the main useful techniques of the Finite Element Method (FEM), with an introduction to FEM and many case studies of its use in engineering practice. It supports engineers and students to solve primarily linear problems in mechanical engineering, with a main focus on static and dynamic structural problems. Readers of this text are encouraged to discover the proper relationship between theory and practice, within the finite element method: Practice without theory is blind, but theory without practice is sterile. Beginning with elasticity basic concepts and the classical theories of stressed materials, the work goes on to apply the relationship between forces, displacements, stresses and strains on the process of modeling, simulating and designing engineered technical systems. Chapters discuss the finite element equations for static, eigenvalue analysis, as well as transient analyses. Students and practitioners using commercial FEM software will find this book very helpful. It uses straightforward examples to demonstrate a complete and detailed finite element procedure, emphasizing the differences between exact and numerical procedures. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16620394