Microbial Styrene Degradation [electronic resource] / by Dirk Tischler
- SpringerBriefs in Microbiology, 2191-5385
- Styrene, an introduction -- Pathways for the degradation of styrene -- Molecular genetics of styrene degrading routes -- Selected enzymes of styrene catabolism -- Biotechnological applications of styrene degrading microorganisms or involved enzymes -- Conclusions and future perspectives.
- This book describes the complex processes involved in styrene degradation by microbes, including highly adaptive microorganisms, the various enzymes involved in styrene biodegradation, new styrene-catabolic routes, novel regulatory mechanisms, and the genes coding for styrene metabolizing enzymes. Numerous biotechnological applications are discussed, such as the development of sustainable eco-friendly technologies as well as the use of styrene degrading microorganisms and their enzymes as a rich resource for biotechnology.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16620802