Adaptive Biometric Systems [electronic resource] : Recent Advances and Challenges / edited by Ajita Rattani, Fabio Roli, Eric Granger
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- X, 134 p. 44 illus., 24 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Rattani, Ajita, Roli, Fabio, 1962-, Granger, Eric, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advances in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2191-6586
- This timely and interdisciplinary volume presents a detailed overview of the latest advances and challenges remaining in the field of adaptive biometric systems. A broad range of techniques are provided from an international selection of pre-eminent authorities, collected together under a unified taxonomy and designed to be applicable to any pattern recognition system. Topics and features: Presents a thorough introduction to the concept of adaptive biometric systems, detailing their taxonomy, levels of adaptation, and open issues and challenges Reviews systems for adaptive face recognition that perform self-updating of facial models using operational (unlabeled) data Describes a novel semi-supervised training strategy known as fusion-based co-training Examines the characterization and recognition of human gestures in videos Discusses a selection of learning techniques that can be applied to build an adaptive biometric system Investigates procedures for handling temporal variance in facial biometrics due to aging Proposes a score-level fusion scheme for an adaptive multimodal biometric system This comprehensive text/reference will be of great interest to researchers and practitioners engaged in systems science, information security or biometrics. Postgraduate and final-year undergraduate students of computer engineering will also appreciate the coverage of intelligent and adaptive schemes for cutting-edge pattern recognition and signal processing in changing environments.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16620803