Estimation and Inferential Statistics [electronic resource] / by Pradip Kumar Sahu, Santi Ranjan Pal, Ajit Kumar Das
- Sahu, Pradip Kumar
- New Delhi : Springer India : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XXIV, 317 p. 23 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pal, Santi Ranjan, Das, Ajit Kumar, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Theory of Point Estimation -- 2. Methods of Estimation -- 3. Theory of testing of hypothesis -- 4. Likelihood Ratio Test -- 5. Interval Estimation -- 6. Non-parametric test -- 7. Statistical Decision Theory.
- This book focuses on the meaning of statistical inference and estimation. Statistical inference is concerned with the problems of estimation of population parameters and testing hypotheses. Primarily aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate students of statistics, the book is also useful to professionals and researchers in statistical, medical, social and other disciplines. It discusses current methodological techniques used in statistics and related interdisciplinary areas. Every concept is supported with relevant research examples to help readers to find the most suitable application. Statistical tools have been presented by using real-life examples, removing the “fear factor” usually associated with this complex subject. The book will help readers to discover diverse perspectives of statistical theory followed by relevant worked-out examples. Keeping in mind the needs of readers, as well as constantly changing scenarios, the material is presented in an easy-to-understand form.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 16621013