Textbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Guide to Practice / edited by Stefano Guandalini, Anil Dhawan, David Branski
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XXII, 913 p. 209 illus., 108 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Guandalini, Stefano, Dhawan, Anil, Branski, David, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Microvillus Inclusion Disease and Tufting Enteropathy -- The Spectrum of Autoimmune Enteropathy -- Congenital Problems of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Pyloric Stenosis -- Gastrointestinal Problems of the Newborn -- Enteral Nutrition in Preterm Neonates -- Parenteral Nutrition in Premature Infants -- Infectious Esophagitis -- Eosinophilic Esophagitis -- Gastroesophageal Reflux -- Esophageal Achalasia -- Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis and Peptic Ulcer Disease -- Menetrier Disease -- Viral Diarrhea -- Bacterial Infections -- Intestinal Parasites -- Persistent Diarrhea in Children in Developing Countries -- HIV and the Intestine -- Functional Abdominal Pain and Other Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders -- Disorders of Sucking and Swallowing -- Defecation Disorders in Children: Constipation and Functional Fecal Incontinence -- Hirschsprung’s Disease and Intestinal Neuronal Dysplasias -- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction in Childhood -- Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Problems in Neurologically Handicapped Children -- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome -- Food Allergy -- Eosinophilic Gastroenteropathy -- Crohn’s Disease -- Indeterminate Colitis/Inflammatory Bowel Disease Unclassified (IBD-U) -- Ulcerative Colitis -- Vasculitides Including Henoch Schönlein Purpura -- Lymphonodular Hyperplasia -- Acute Pancreatitis -- Hereditary Pancreatitis and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children -- Fecal Microbial Transplant: For Whom, How, and When -- Congenital Disorders of Intestinal Electrolyte Transport -- Immunodeficiency Disorders Resulting in Malabsorption -- Congenital Disorders of Lipid Transport -- Pancreatic Insufficiency -- Celiac Disease -- Cystic Fibrosis -- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth -- Short Bowel Syndrome -- Malnutrition—A Global Problem -- Probiotics -- Enteral Nutrition -- Parenteral Nutrition in Infants and Children -- Pediatric Intussusception -- Meckel’s Diverticulum -- Acute Appendicitis -- Gastrointestinal Vascular Anomalies -- Polyps and Other Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Normal Liver Anatomy and Introduction to Liver Histology -- Diagnostic Procedures in Pediatric Hepatology -- Infantile Cholestasis: Approach and Diagnostic Algorithm -- Biliary Atresia and Choledochal Malformations -- Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis, Caroli’s Disease and Other Fibrocystic Liver Diseases -- Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Alagille Syndrome -- Chronic Viral Hepatitis B and C -- Bacterial, Fungal and Parasitic Infections of the Liver -- Liver Disease in Primary Immunodeficiencies -- Autoimmune Liver Disease -- Inherited Metabolic Disorders and the Liver -- Wilson’s Disease -- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Portal Hypertension in Children -- Liver Tumors in Children -- Acute Liver Failure in Children -- Complications of Cirrhosis in Children -- Nutritional Management of Children with Liver Disease -- Pediatric Liver Transplantation -- Growing up with Liver Disease -- New Horizons in Pediatric Hepatology: A Glimpse of the Future.
- This textbook provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major issues specific to the field of pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition. The first part of the book, Gastroenterology and Nutrition, presents in a systematic way the overall scope of issues encountered by children (newborn to teenagers) suffering from disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and/or presenting nutritional issues. These chapters are structured in logical sections to facilitate consultation and include major topics ranging from congenital disorders to gastrointestinal problems of the newborn, infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and approach to nutritional problems in the various pediatric ages. The second part of the book, Hepatology, is articulated in a series of chapters which present a comprehensive review of congenital and acquired disorders of the biliary tract and liver. This section also includes a critical analysis of available diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and future perspectives. Written by experts in the field, Textbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition: A Comprehensive Guide to Practice constitutes a much needed, innovative resource combining updated, reliable and comprehensive information with agile consultation for a streamlined approach to the care of children with such disorders.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16623401