Ischemic Stroke Therapeutics [electronic resource] : A Comprehensive Guide / edited by Bruce Ovbiagele
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 322 p. 89 illus., 49 illus. in color. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ovbiagele, Bruce and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1 General Concepts: Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke -- Chapter 2 Pre-hospital Stroke Treatment (EMS stabilization protocols) -- Chapter 3 Intravenous Thrombolysis and Anti-thrombotics -- Chapter 4 Intra-Arterial Therapy for Acute Ischemic Stroke -- Chapter 5 Hemicraniectomy -- Chapter 6 Supportive Care and Management of In-hospital Complications -- Chapter 7 Post-Discharge Complications of Stroke -- Chapter 8 General Concepts: Stroke Mechanisms, Subtyping, and Work Up -- Chapter 9 Traditional Stroke Risk Factor Treatment -- Chapter 10 Heterogeneous causes of stroke – Antithrombotics -- Chapter 11 Heterogeneous Causes of Stroke – Select Emerging Risk Factors -- Chapter 12 Secondary Prevention After Cardioembolic Stroke -- Chapter 13 Secondary Prevention after Ischemic Lacunar Stroke -- Chapter 14 Secondary Prevention after Symptomatic Large Artery Extracranial Disease -- Chapter15 Secondary Prevention after Symptomatic Large Artery Intracranial Disease -- Chapter 16 Secondary Prevention after Non-atherosclerotic Cerebral Vasculopathies -- Chapter 17 Secondary Prevention after Ischemic Strokes due to Hypercoagulable States -- Chapter 18 General Concepts: Therapies for Rehabilitation and Recovery -- Chapter 19 Botulinum Toxin for Post-Stroke Limb Spasticity -- Chapter 20 Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors -- Chapter 21 Constraint Induced Therapies -- Chapter 22 Virtual Reality in Stroke Rehabilitation -- Chapter 23 Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation -- Chapter 24 General Concepts: Management of Asymptomatic Cerebrovascular Disease -- Chapter 25 Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis -- Chapter 26 Subclinical Vascular Brain Injury -- Chapter 27 General Concepts: Stroke Systems of Care -- Chapter 28 Stroke Centers and Related Aspects of Stroke Systems -- Chapter 29 Role of Registries and Community Models in Developed Countries -- Chapter 30 Telemedicine in Stroke Systems of Care.
- This complete resource captures state-of-the-art strategies and the accelerated pace of discovery that is revolutionizing what is known about ischemic stroke and its treatment. Therapeutics for acute management, secondary prevention, recovery, rehabilitation, asymptomatic cerebral ischemia, and implementation of stroke systems of care are all discussed in this comprehensive yet practical guide. Chapters are authored by leading academicians with extensive clinical practice experience from all over the world and feature the scientific evidence behind prevailing therapeutic strategies for managing ischemic cerebrovascular disease. The specialist or general practitioner will gain critical knowledge in stroke management, current clinical challenges and promising new therapies under investigation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16623412