- Additional Titles:
- Modern Language Association handbook
- New York : The Modern Language Association of America, 
- Copyright Date:
- Eighth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 146 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Modern Language Association of America
- pt. 1. Principles of MLA style -- Introduction -- Why document sources ? -- Plagiarism and academic dishonesty -- Think : evaluating your sources -- Select : gathering information about your sources -- Organize : creating your documentation -- The list of works cited -- The core elements -- Optional elements -- In-test citation -- pt.. 2. Details of MLA style -- Introduction -- 1. The mechanics of scholarly prose -- Names of persons -- Titles of sources -- Quotations -- Numbers -- Dates and times -- Abbreviations -- 2. Works cited -- Names of authors -- Titles -- Versions -- Publisher -- Locational elements -- Punctuation in the works-cited list -- Formatting and ordering the works-cited list -- 3. In-text citations -- Author -- Title -- Numbers in in-text citations -- Indirect sources -- Repeated use of sources -- Punctuation in the in-text citation -- 4. Citations in forms other than print -- Practice template.
- "The Modern Language Association, the authority on research and writing, takes a fresh look at documenting sources in the eighth edition of the MLA Handbook. Works are published today in a dizzying range of formats. A book, for example, may be read in print, online, or as an e-book--or perhaps listened to in an audio version. On the Web, modes of publication are regularly invented, combined, and modified. Previous editions of the MLA Handbook provided separate instructions for each format, and new formats required additional instructions. In this groundbreaking new edition of its best-selling handbook, the MLA recommends instead one universal set of guidelines, which writers can apply to any source."--Back cover.
- 9781603292627 paperback ; alkaline paper
1603292624 paperback ; alkaline paper
- Previous title: MLA Handbook for writers of research papers.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2015
Purchased with funds from the David G. Lashin Memorial Fund; 2015
Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
Purchased with funds from the ; 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 16624332