John Donne & early modern legal culture : the end of equity in the Satyres / Gregory Kneidel
- Kneidel, Gregory, 1971-
- Additional Titles:
- John Donne and early modern legal culture
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania : Duquesne University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 245 pages ; 24 cm.
- Law, desire, closure: Donne's Satyre 1 -- Land, feudalism, lawyers: Donne's Satyre 2 -- Fear, consent, fathers: Donne's Satyre 3 -- Access, information, courts: Donne's Satyre 4 -- Office, administration, justice: Donne's Satyre 5.
- "For Donne scholars, this book brings a fresh body of legal scholarship to bear on Donne's early poetry and, conversely, for scholars working in the field of law and early modern literature, it reevaluates the links between law and satire"--
- 9780820704814 hardcover acid-free paper
0820704814 hardcover acid-free paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 16625302