Angels and insects [videorecording] / Playhouse International Pictures presents ; in association with the Samuel Goldwyn Company ; a film by Philip Haas ; screenplay by Belinda Haas and Philip Haas ; producers, Joyce Herlihy and Belinda Haas ; director, Philip Haas
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Angels & insects
- Santa Monica, Calif. : MGM Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (118 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Haas, Belinda, Haas, Philip, 1954-, Herlihy, Joyce, Rylance, Mark, Scott-Thomas, Kristin, 1960-, Kensit, Patsy, Kemp, Jeremy, 1934-2019, Henshall, Douglas, 1965-, Balanescu, Alexander, Zitzermann, Bernard, Byatt, A. S. (Antonia Susan), 1936-, Playhouse International Pictures, and Samuel Goldwyn Co.
- Language Note:
- In English or Spanish with optional English, French and Spanish subtitles; closed-captioned in English.
- Barely surviving an expedition to the Amazon, working class biologist William Adamson returns home, where he is forced to accept the charity of an affluent, upper-class family. Falling deeply in love with his benefactor's captivating daughter, he sees his fondest wish come true when she agrees to become his wife. Unwittingly attracting the affections of a bright household servant, William tries to continue his scientific studies. But all of William's logic and learning can't prepare him for the discovery he is about to make about his new relations. A discovery that will peel back the facade of wealth and privilege to reveal a breeding ground of erotic decadence and illicit passion beyond any husband's darkest fears.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated R.
- Based on the novella: Morpho Eugenia / by A.S. Byatt.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1995.
Special features include: Original theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Bernard Zitzermann ; editor, Belinda Haas ; music, Alexander Balanescu.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Mark Rylance, Kristin Scott Thomas, Patsy Kensit, Jeremy Kemp, Douglas Henshall.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby Digital, widescreen 1.85:1.
View MARC record | catkey: 16625789