Advances in Clinical Science [electronic resource] / edited by Mieczyslaw Pokorski
- Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 0065-2598 ; 878
- Prevalence of Olfactory Impairment in Granulomatosis with polyangiitis, K. Życińska et al -- Biochemistry of Oxidative Stress, M.P. Pruchniak, M. Araźna, U. Demkow -- Usage of Over-the-Counter and Herbal Products in Common Cold in Poland: Findings from Consumer Survey, K. Karlowicz-Bodalska et al -- RARβ Promoter Methylation as an Epigenetic Mechanism of Gene Silencing in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, A. Dutkowska et al -- Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Obese Children and Adolescents, M. Rumińska et al -- Nutrition and Immune System in Children with Simple Obesity, A. Czerwonogrodzka-Senczyna et al -- The Influence of Shockwave Therapy on Orthodontic Tooth Movement Induced in the Rat, H. Hazan-Molina, I. Aizenbud, H. Kaufman, S. Teich, D. Aizenbud -- Thyroid Hormone Levels and TSH Activity in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, P. Bielicki et al -- Age and Gender-Related Changes in Biogenic Amine Metabolites in Cerebrospinal Fluid in Children, K. Kuśmierska et al -- The Influence of Primary Cytomegalovirus or Epstein-Barr Virus Infection on the Course of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, K. Smalisz-Skrzypczyk et al -- Index.
- The book presents the latest developments in clinical medicine, particularly involved with pulmonary care and diseases. Emphasis is placed on the role of childhood obesity, often a result of the ill effects of an unhealthy diet and nutritional deficits, in shaping propensity for inflammatory pathologies, allergies, immune deficiency, and respiratory and cardiovascular sequelae in adult life. Oxidative damage, caused by not full well understood cellular biochemistry, when unchecked by antioxidative rescue mechanisms, takes toll on a respiratory health. The book underscores the need to consider the complexity of mutual interactions of pathophysiological processes, which calls for tailoring the management strategies depending on the subgroups which patients belong to, be it obesity, children, or elderly. The chapters also tackle biological diseases with genetic underpinnings. The application of genetics to identify the molecular alterations or mutations will serve well both diagnostics and targeted optimization of treatment; the poignant exemplar being the histological subtypes of lung cancer. The book provides a source of current facts and trends in clinical research and practice.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16627536