Esthetic and Functional Management of Diastema [electronic resource] : A Multidisciplinary Approach / edited by Ugur Erdemir, Esra Yildiz
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- X, 228 pages 263 illustrations, 262 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Erdemir, Ugur, Yıldız, Esra, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Definition and Causes of Diastema -- Initial Consultation -- Diagnosis -- Esthetic Parameters and Smile Design -- Soft Tissue Considerations -- Treatment Planning -- Treatment Options, Timing, and Sequencing -- Material Selection -- Cases.
- This book offers detailed guidance on integrated orthodontic, periodontal, and restorative solutions for the treatment of diastema, highlighting the advantages of such a multidisciplinary approach and presenting suitable clinical protocols for esthetic reconstruction and functional improvement. The coverage includes discussion of diagnosis and explanation of important elements of dentofacial, dentolabial, and dental analysis and relevant soft tissue aspects. Clear advice is provided on treatment planning, and the various treatment options are fully described, with consideration of new materials and techniques and attention to timing and sequencing. The book benefits from the inclusion of numerous clinical case photos. Diatemas may be defined as gaps or spaces between two or more teeth in the same arch. These spaces may have a multifactorial causation and can negatively affect the dentofacial harmony and smile of the patient. In some situations, closure of interdental spaces can be achieved by using a silicone guide technique or by direct proximal build-ups with resin composites. However, sometimes it is not possible to correct diastemas and achieve the desired esthetic outcome without multidisciplinary interventions. This book will serve as an excellent guide to the management of such cases.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16627623