Cybernetics [electronic resource] : From Past to Future / by D.A. Novikov
- Novikov, D. A. (Dmitriĭ Aleksandrovich), 1970-
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 107 pages 59 illustrations, 12 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, 2198-4182 ; 47
- Introduction -- Cybernetics in the 20th century -- Cybernetics, Control Philosophy and Control Methodology -- Laws, Regularities and Principles of Control -- Systems Theory and Systems Analysis. Systems Engineering -- Some Trends and Forecasts -- Conclusion.
- This book is a concise navigator across the history of cybernetics, its state-of-the-art and prospects. The evolution of cybernetics (from N. Wiener to the present day) and the reasons of its ups and downs are presented. The correlation of cybernetics with the philosophy and methodology of control, as well as with system theory and systems analysis is clearly demonstrated. The book presents a detailed analysis focusing on the modern trends of research in cybernetics. A new development stage of cybernetics (the so-called cybernetics 2.0) is discussed as a science on general regularities of systems organization and control. The author substantiates the topicality of elaborating a new branch of cybernetics, i.e. organization theory which studies an organization as a property, process and system. The book is intended for theoreticians and practitioners, as well as for students, postgraduates and doctoral candidates. In the first place, the target audience includes tutors and lecturers preparing courses on cybernetics, control theory and systems science.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16627772