Learn Swift 2 on the Mac [electronic resource] / by Waqar Malik
- Malik, Waqar
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2015.
- Second Edition.
- Physical Description:
- XXIII, 232 pages 57 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Hello Swift -- 2. The Swift Playground in Xcode -- 6. Accessing Swift’s Compiler and Interpreter: REPL -- 4. Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming -- 5. Constants, Variables, and Data Types -- 6. Operators -- 7. Flow Control -- 8. Functions and Closures -- 9. Classes and Structures -- 10. Methods -- 11. Access Control -- 12. Inheritance -- 13. Extensions -- 14. Memory Management and ARC -- 15. Protocols -- 16. Generics -- 17. Expressions -- 18. Interoperability with Objective-C -- 19. Mix and Match -- 20. Working with Core Data -- 21. Consuming RESTful Services -- 22. Bringing it All Together.
- If you are an iOS developer or planning to become one, learning Swift 2 is your #1 priority, and this book tells you everything you need to get up to speed, well, swiftly. You'll start with the Swift Playground and an introduction to object-oriented programming so you can immediately see Swift in action. You then learn about all of the key language features like functions and closures, classes, methods, extensions, and how Swift works just as well as Objective-C when it comes to easy memory management with ARC. Finally you'll learn how to use Swift alongside Objective-C as well as with Core Data, and you'll learn how to put all of the pieces together with a health app using Apple's HealthKit framework.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 16628696